Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Socrates, a great thinker

Today we got right to work, we watched some of the movie but stopped after we watched about Socrates to discuss him even further. We talked about how the movie portrayed the decision of a death sentence where everyone was for him dying when really it was half and half and there were only a few more people who voted for his death than to let him free. We also discussed his way of teaching, how he would interrogate his students when they answered a question to make sure they fully understood and had reason for the answer. Mr. Schick then decided to try the same and the topic was on gay marriage. We all got to voice our opinion and at the end of class I was trying to decide what I thought about it, whether I supported it or not. I was walking out of class really thinking and couldn't decide whether I do or not.  

No comments:

Post a Comment